Monday, June 21, 2010

On the written word


Brevity is the soul of wit.
~William Shakespeare

There's nothing to writing. All you do is sit down at a typewriter and open a vein. ~Walter Wellesley "Red" Smith

The role of a writer is not to say what we all can say, but what we are unable to say. ~Anaïs Nin

The act of putting pen to paper encourages pause for thought, this in turn makes us think more deeply about life, which helps us regain our equilibrium. ~Norbet Platt

Fill your paper with the breathings of your heart. ~William Wordsworth


The pages are still blank, but there is a miraculous feeling of the words being there, written in invisible ink and clamoring to become visible. ~Vladimir Nabakov

Don't tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass. ~Anton Chekhov

Easy reading is damn hard writing. ~Nathaniel Hawthorne

I love writing. I love the swirl and swing of words as they tangle with human emotions. ~James Michener

If my doctor told me I had only six minutes to live, I wouldn't brood. I'd type a little faster. ~Isaac Asimov

2 comments:

  1. I'm laughing those were great quotes
    but the one about sitting down beforea typewritier and just open a vein..HAHAHAHA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Suz, for being here. You are one who have travelled deep into my blogsphere!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails